"One of the most important concerns of any community should be the health, safety and well-being of its children and young people. Children and young people should grow up free of violence and exploitation. They should be able to develop spiritually, physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially in conditions of freedom and dignity.
Those in positions of responsibility acknowledge their responsibility to have in place proactive policies and procedures which reflect legislative and regulatory reporting requirements and which will
- provide students with a safe environment
- ensure that school personnel have the knowledge and skills they need to promote such a safe environment; and
- provide a prompt and supportive response to an allegation or suspicion of harm of any kind."
- from the Foreword (John Borserio), 'Our Commitment to the safety of all students', Diocese of Towoomba Catholic Education, March 2015
The College participates in The Alannah and Madeline Foundation's "eSmart" initiative and uses the "eSmart Schools Framework". Information about eSmart and The Alannah and Madeline Foundation can be found at: http://www.amf.org.au/what-we-do/esmart/
The Diocese of Toowoomba Catholic Schools is proud to continue its support of the Daniel Morcombe Child Safety Curriculum in its Colleges and schools and a means of educating students about personal safety and protective behaviours. Information about the curriculum can be found by visiting the Daniel Morcombe Foundations websie at: http://www.danielmorcombe.com.au
Student Protection Officers - Toowoomba Catholic Schools Office
- Peter Simpson ph:46371400 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barbara Woods ph:46371400 email@example.com
Other Important Contacts
- Queensland Police (emergencies) 000
- Policelink (non-urgent matters) 13 14 44
- Family & Child Connect 13 32 64
- Blue Card Services https://www.bluecard.qld.gov.au/
- Blue Card Services 1800 113 611
The Queensland Blue Card System is an important prevention and monitoring system for people working with children and young people. It is a legal requirement under the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 that all people working in child-related employment are assessed for their eligibility to work with children based on their police history and disciplinary information.
As part of this system Diocese of Toowoomba Catholic Schools are required to develop, implement and review a Child and Youth Risk Management Strategy.
This strategy is an important element of how we continually work to ensure our schools are safe environments for children. A full version of the Child and Youth Risk Management Strategy is available below.
For further information about Blue Cards please visit Blue Card Services at https://www.bluecard.qld.gov.au/.