Parents and Community
Communicating with parents, families and the wider community is vital to ensure up to date and important information is distributed. The College utilizes various forms of communication.
- Weekly Southern Cross Connection Newsletter
- SMS messaging to parents for important information
- Skoolbag App for alerts and emails
- Notes home via class message bags
- Regular advertising and editorial via local media outlets including The Dalby Herald, Coffee Express Magazine, local radio, Toowoomba Chronicle, Highlife magazine and event flyers.
To request a copy of our weekly Southern Cross Connection, email us with your details.
We are now producing our weekly Newsletter online using Schoolzine. As part of our Schoolzine subscription, we will phase out Skoolbag by the end of Term 3 and replace it with SZapp app which is up and running now!
To further streamline our College communications, we will also be transferring our website over to the Schoolzine website platform which will allow all our information to be managed using one advanced online dashboard.
Click here for the instructions on how to download SZapp to your mobile device or tablet today.
Facebook Page Guidelines and Protocols
The intent of the Our Lady of the Southern Cross College Facebook page is to provide a hub for responsible, positive College community engagement. This page is an additional form of communication to the established College Newsletter, Skoolbag app and website.
Our College proactively supports responsible participation in social media and role modelling of positive digital citizenship. Our Lady of the Southern Cross College values the responsible use of social media and expects that your participation will uphold the values of respect and dignity for all. The College has policies and guidelines that govern the expectations of online behaviour and reserve the right to remove any content that is contradictory to the values of our College.
Our Lady of the Southern Cross College encourages positive and affirming interaction on our College Facebook page. If you have concerns or grievances, please contact the College directly so appropriate action can be taken.
The College reserves the right to remove, “mark as spam” and block users who contribute comments and content* that contain:
• Offensive, derogatory, harassing, abusive, obscene, profane, hateful or racist content, links or images
• Comments that threaten or defame any person or organisation
• The direct, full name, personal information or descriptive reference to an individual, irrespective of the post’s tone
• Solicitations, advertisement or endorsements of external businesses or organisations
• Multiple or repetitive posts by a single user
• Repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users
• Anything else that the College deems inappropriate and does not align with our values, standards, policies, procedures and guidelines
For further information regarding the use of our official Facebook page or for any questions regarding upcoming school events please contact the College office on 07 46724111 or email@example.com
*content may include, though is not limited to text, photos, graphics, account names/usernames and account images/profile pictures etc.